Making sure your home has great curb appeal adds value to your property and beauty to the neighborhood. There are a variety of ways in which you can add curb appeal and not all of them have to break your budget. Sometimes, the simplest of touches can make a big difference.
When deciding on the right elements to spruce up your curb appeal it is always a great idea to keep in mind the style of your house. A country cottage has a very different feel from a more modern contemporary design. The decor you apply for curb appeal should flow nicely with the architecture and style, creating a lovely, cohesive look.
The best part about adding curb appeal is that it will give your home a new, clean, refreshing look. A factor you, your family and neighbors will all appreciate.
A great place to start is with a little sprucing up and organization –
1. Power wash your path and porch. Clearly, it makes an impact.
2. Store your hose in a creative, eye pleasing way.
3. Camouflage your electric boxes by painting them the same color as your house.
Incorporate small touches of decor –
4. Add a charming doormat. If you already have doormats, switch out old worn down ones with a new one. You will be surprised at the difference this small detail makes.
5. Upgrade your house numbers with a darling address plaque.
6. Paint your front door for a new look or to add a pop of color.
7. Display a lovely decorative house or garden flag. Change your outdoor flag throughout the year to fit the season or different holidays.
8. Give your mailbox an easy and quick make over with a magnetic mailbox cover.
9. Add an interesting door knocker, like this charming bee one.
10. Hang a wreath on your door.
Flowers and plants add color and charm –
11. Plant flowers around a tree trunk
12. Get creative with container gardening
13. Install window boxes for eye catching flair.
If space allows use larger statement pieces –
14. Porch swings are always a delight.
15. Install a lovely water feature
16. Include an arbor or trellis with climbing vines, wisteria or roses.
While incorporating all of these wonderful ideas, bring them together with an overall finished look by keeping them within a certain style or feel. For example, if you prefer rustic decor, use natural materials with earthy color tones. For a coastal feel, use bright colors mixed with beach or water themed decor. Most importantly, have fun with it and allow your curb appeal to be an extension of your personality, passion and style.