What are sweater candles? They are a great way to up-cycle old sweaters! And the possibilities are endless.
- Choose a cozy white cable knit sweater for a wintery theme.
- Bright festive autumn colors are great for fall decorating.
- Add seasonal & holiday embellishments to create one-of-a-kind artistic detail.
These cheerful fall colors add a warm festive glow. via
Use seasonal embellishments like this oak leaf to add artistic detail to your sweater candle. via
Create a colorful collection of sweater candles for a festive home decorations. Group them together to display a holiday or seasonal theme. via
Wouldn’t these sweater candles make terrific gifts?
Here are the easy directions for DIY Sweater Candles:
- Cut the sleeve from a sweater at the seam where it connects with the body. Turn it inside out.
- Slide the cut sleeve, inside out, over a clean vase until it fits snugly at the bottom. If there is a pattern, make sure it is lined up properly at the bottom of the vase. Trim away the uneven part of the sleeve at the top of the vase.
- Turn the vase top down. Hold the cuff end of the sleeve up. Pinch the fabric together at one of the corners as close to the bottom of the vase as possible. Pin the fabric from the corner to the center of the bottom of the vase. Repeat for the other corners creating an ‘X’.
- Trim away any excess sleeve leaving about ¼” to ½” of fabric for seam allowance. Use needle and thread to hand stitch from one corner to opposite corner tying off at both ends. Repeat for the other two corners. Trim away loose threads and remove pins.
- Remove the sleeve and turn it right side out. Slide it back over the vase and fold down the top of the sleeve twice to make a nice cuff (about 1″ each time). Insert pillar candle